pBone was in residence at Music Expo 2014 at the Barbican recently as guests on the Normans stand.It was great to meet our friends and past colleagues in the UK music education world and hear about pBones success. Equally exciting were meetings with hub leaders and teachers about to implement or trial pBone in their work.
Alongside the busy stand pBone featured in the “Outstanding whole class instrumental teaching at Key Stage 2” session, delivered by Kit Garner.
The session covered:
- Establishing effective collaboration of Wider Opportunities tutors with School Staff, Pupils, Parents, Secondary Heads of Music and Community Musicians;
- Incorporating small group work into Wider Opportunities teaching; effective pupil assessment and curriculum design;
- Using ICT to support Wider Opportunities teaching
- Creating a more personalised, pupil led approach to Wider Opportunities teaching.
- Including composition and listening into whole class instrumental teaching.
[gallery royalslider="2" ids="1045,1046,1047,1048,1049,1050"]
As you can see in the photos and videos, a full house enjoyed the experience of a hands on session with Kit and pBone.
"Overall the show was a great success and we look forward to next year."